STEP BY STEP FORWARD IN THE MAKING AND STEPPING BACK INTO HISTORY! 🙂
Today I’m writing about another casual late 18th century dress. And I’m happy to say, this piece turned out much, much better than the poorly thought out purple linen dress that I talked about yesterday.
For this dress I managed to resolve all the fit issues with my pattern. I drafted a new, much more appropriate sleeve pattern. And my skirt was constructed properly. It took a little longer to make than the previous dress, but the end result is so much better. I’ve included comparison photos at the end so you can see what a difference a bit more time invested makes!
This dress was intended to be a remake of the purple linen dress, but once I started looking for more references I decided to make a round gown instead of a skirt and bodice.
Round gowns were very popular in the second half of the 18th…
View original post 2,404 more words