Dodgy Electrics Solved

MY KIND OF POST—HOPING MY OWN TRACKWORK WON’T FOUL UP MY POINTS!

Steve's Narrow Gauge Adventure

I’ve discovered why one of the point blades wasn’t getting any electricity.

Between the closure rails and the point blades there is a small pivot. This allows the point blades to move and, because I’ve connected power to the frog, it carries the current to the point blade.

I cleaned away the clay and paint that I’d applied around it, pressed the contacts firmly back in place and the current to the point blade was restored.

Phew, I was worried that I would have to dig out the point and replace it. I am very pleased that the solution was a simple one.

In future I will be more carefully when I’m ‘splashing about’ with clay and paint!

View original post

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .

About Jonathan Caswell

Mr. Caswell has been composing poetry at least since High School. He has been on WORD PRESS for ten years and contributes to two other blogs beside this one. This blog has a Christian emphasis but all bloggers are welcome. Mr. Caswell chooses to---with permission--re[post material of interest

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.