When Joshua and Jaya finally arrive in their Promised Land in my novel Nearly Canaan, they discover how far they are from other destinations.
As I recall, some people would drive hours for a fine dinner, and hours going back.
Here are some drive times from Yakima, Washington, to other Western locales.
- Seattle, 2 hours, 16 minutes. I remember it taking more like three or more.
- Spokane, 3 hours, 9 minutes.
- Walla Walla, Washington, 2 hours, 6 minutes. Having the Interstate down the valley has certainly cut the time here.
- Wenatchee, Washington, 2 hours.
- Portland, Oregon, 3 hours, 6 minutes.
- San Francisco, 12 hours, 6 minutes.
- Boise, Idaho, 5 hours, 33 minutes.
- Salt Lake City, 10 hours, 11 minutes.
- Denver, 17 hours, 19 minutes.
- Missoula, Montana, 6 hours, 9 minutes.
And that’s not stopping for fuel, food, or comfort.
How long does it take you to get to…
View original post 4 more words