ANSWERS TO MEGAN’S SURVEY
(See two posts prior to this one)
A picture of one of “my babies” being moved from where I first met and helped feed him!
ANSWERS TO MEGAN’S SURVEY
(Megan…I hope you are reading…!)
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FRUIT FLAVOR?
Watermelon….in sherbet form.
2. WHICH TWO FRIENDS CAN YOU SEE TOGETHER AS A COUPLE?
Not sure…which group of friends? Most that I think would be–already are! 🙂
3. WHICH SITCOM CHARACTER DO YOU RELATE TO?
I don’t watch sitcoms…ain’t worth my time…or my wife’s.
4. HAPPIEST MOMENT IN MY LIFE?
Believe it or not….(don’t tell my Diana) it wasn’t getting married. It happened when I was offered the chance to live in a caboose and become the caretaker of a railroad museum…and lasted about ten seconds! Then reality set in. I needed to find a job to help support myself (already being unsuccessful at that)…the caboose needed to be procured, transported via some called-in favors by my benefactor…rebuilt and restored. That dream never happened! But the museum was in Flemingville, NY, near Owego, where I had been volunteering several years. The above picture shows our #12…being moved from that museum…to one near Rochester, NY, after I’d left the area.
5. IF YOU KNEW THIS WAS YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND IT?
Try to prepare my Diana for it and spend time mostly with her, praying and singing praises to our Lord Jesus Christ.
6. RATE ALL YOUR FRIENDS AS TO SENSE OF HUMOR:
Can’t–too many friends—-I can think of one or two without ANY….but they shall remain nameless! 😦
7. IF GRANTED THREE WISHES?…
I don’t know. God created me this way…and folks are blessed by it. I’d love it that my wife would not have to deal with her pain anymore…but would it be any easier to live with her…or to live with me? I do not handle large amounts of additional cash very well. I could wish to do better what I know needs done and I don’t do….but that decision is already within my grasp and choosing. I guess if I could ease more suffering, I ‘d want to do that.
8. NAME ONE ANNOYING HABIT OF ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS, WHICH YOU’D LIKE TO CHANGE?
My big and near constant peeve is when people–family, friends, wife, strangers–automatically assume they know what I’m thinking or what I want and act as though I had already in fact told them and asked for certain actions they then proceed to do.
Do I look or act or give the impression of being an imbecile or someone who needs or desires being babied??????? This apparent impression I give….I’d love to change!!!!!
9. PET PEEVES–See above!
10. FIVE YEARS FROM NOW?—Running out of space for these answers!
11. WHAT IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?–We don’t play it. We’d lose the roof over our heads and the security attached to it.
12. IF YOU WERE BORN THE OPPOSITE GENDER, HOW WOULD THINGS BE DIFFERENT?
For one thing….Mom would have been disappointed…she did want another boy…but her neighbor would have crowed…she thought I was to be a girl…and gave me a girl’s doll before I was born. Probably my older brother would have disliked me just as much.
13. WOULD YOU BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO SPEND AN ENTIRE HOUR ALONE IN A CEMETERY?
At night? Been there–done that–during the day. My Lord would protect me. If it were a certain one in Hillcrest, NY, the remains of my parents would be there.
(Boy….this is a LONG SURVEY!!!!)
14. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WISH YOU COULD DO IF GIVEN THE CHANCE?
Make love to my wife? 🙂
15. (GETTING TIRED OF THE ITALICS!!!!) IS THERE LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS?
If there is, I sure hope that what my wife says is true….that God won’t allow us to infect them with our sin nature!
16. GOT PHOBIAS?????
Yeah. Biggest one seems to be large groups of people…focussing on me!
17. WEIRDEST THING I’VE DONE?
Let someone talk me into dressing in drag. The cure worked for my depression, but I’ll never do that again (had my own shorts and short pants and T-shirt underneath)….thank God!!!!!
18. IF I COULD BE ANYONE????
“Is this the best of all possible worlds?”
19. FAVORITE THING ABOUT ME (WHICH ONE?)?
About Megan: taking her limitations and running with them…not being afraid of making a life for herself.
20. HOW LONG CAN YOU HOLD YOUR BREATH?
not much over a minute…if that. Wouldn’t make a good action hero underwater or in noxious gases!!!!
21. THREE THINGS IF STRANDED ON AN ISLAND…?
The Good Book (large-print Bible), a cup or bowl, a knife.
22. GONE BUNGEE OR PARAGLIDING?
I’d break the cord…or I am rather afraid of heights and speed!
23. END OF THE WORLD?
By fire…Bible says so…but how that fire is set is anyone’s guess. Doesn’t rule out plague, famine, ecological disaster, volcanoes, meteorites or human stupidity and pride…all of these are mentioned in Bible prophecy!
24. DO YOU BELIEVE THE END IS THIS YEAR?
“Maranatha”–Lord come quickly–He says to be ready, when it comes! I take life day-by-day–how about you?
25. (Have the cows come home yet?) WHAT IS AN INCREDIBLE WEEKEND?
Actually getting most chores AND what we want to get done…done…AND church….AND enough sleep!!!!
26. WHAT ARE FIVE THINGS I CANNOT DO WITHOUT?
My God, my wife, a C-PAP machine, electricity, a feeling of being loved and/or useful.
27. HOPES AND DREAMS?
Many have already been answered…my wife feels she doesn’t have any! “being….” isn’t always enough for us! She wants some…we can share…!
28. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK?
Each has its own character and charm.
29. CAT OR DOG PERSON?
I relate better (I think) to cats….but dogs can be cool, in their own ways. Let’s say…I IDENTIFY MORE WITH CATS!!!!!
30. WORLD DOMINATION OR WORLD PEACE?
In this fallen world (my Christian perspective) it is hard to have one without the other…nearly impossible…if you think about it seriously! History illustrates this.
31. MY FAVORITE BREAKFAST????
If someone else does it well…!!!! (And I don’t have to wash dishes!)
32. FAVORITE COLOR? — Blue–folks I care about say it looks good on me!
33. IF LIVING ON ANY OTHER PLANET* WHICH WOULD IT BE?
The New Jerusalem….technically on a “new Earth” See The Book of Revelations 21:1-3.
34. (WHEW!–LAST ONE!) HOW MANY PLACES HAVE YOU TRAVELED TO?
Out of the U.S.A……Canada (mostly on school trips)…and the Dominican Republic (for ten weeks in the summer of 1984-?) on a summer missions experience with a group from Youth with a Mission.
NOW…WHO WILL JOIN ME IN THIS FESTIVAL OF SELF-EXPOSURE???? –Jonathan Caswell.